Monday, August 07, 2006




In the words of Samwise Gamgee, "Well, I'm back." I've been back in Kent for just over a week now and have been keeping myself busy with the huge task of sorting through my photos and have also had little daytrips to Dover, Nottingham and Dymchurch to catch up with friends and family. I have further little outings to London, Brighton and Nottingham planned to try to meet up with more of you and to try to fool myself that i am still travelling. It's ok-ish to be back as i no longer have to carry my life around on my back and am glad to be around my old mates again. But I am utterly convinced that i have missed the summer. I spent my last few weeks of travelling checking the BBC website and pouring over images of the English heatwave and dried up fields and such. I had a gut feeling that when i got back i would have missed the 2 week British summer and it certainly seems like it. Note the grey cloudy skies in my photos. I am assured there is another heatwave on the horizon but i'm not convinced. I reckon its a conspiracy to try to convince me that our climate isn't so bad and that it is fun to live in the UK. I am begging for sunshine so i keep my tan going a little while longer and it would be nice to have a winter that doesn't start in August. Bring on the sun, please.
Thanks to all those who have posted on my blog and cheered me on, and to all those mates who have hosted me on my travels and to the mates i have made along the way.

1 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is the best work, which I ever ve seen Everything is so harmonious, that even such aggressive critic as I would not be desirable to change anything!
- carolinewilliams.blogspot.com 4
spaghetti alla carbonara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home