Saturday, May 20, 2006

I am an ejit. I've been in Wellington only 3 days and have decided that my pining for the south island has warranted the expense of 3 air fares just so i can go through the trauma of leaving it again in 2 weeks. This isn't to say that i dislike Wellington, it's fine really. But i guess that's all it is, just fine. Whereas Nelson is wonderful, and i wish i were there. I've been mulling over my itinerary for the north island and realised i wasn't excited about it, and have been having Gollum-like debates without myself as to whether i should leave New Zealand having visited Queenstown or not. I was always of the frame of mind that Queenstown is just an adrenaline junkie place that i wouldn't enjoy and is too expensive anyway. Now i'm craving adrenaline rushes and have forked out a not-so-handsome airfare to get there. Then of course there's another opportunity to go back to Nelson - i don't know how i pulled myself away before. I loved such a small laid back town in a gorgeous environment and a wonderful hostel. My bank account officially hates me, even more so after this very expensive change of heart. I reiterate: i am an ejit.

1 Comments:

At 12:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caroline,

Forgive my limited knowledge of modern English but what is an ejit?

Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home