Saturday, April 01, 2006

Bear with me. I've been manically trying to do everything Japanese in 5 days and its eating up my daylight hours. I think my 8 hour return train ride for a daytrip was perhaps pushing it, but i'm totally making the most of my train pass and the little time in Japan i have left. I've only really spent one whole day in Kyoto so far, which is a bit appalling when i've been here nearly a week, but i've been using the bad weather as an excuse to go to cities and hold out in the hope of a burst of cherry blossoms in Kyoto at the end of my time here. The theory is working so far. I've enjoyed excellent days out in Kobe, Osaka, Himeji, Hiroshima and Miyajima, and i head to Nara (the ancient capital) today for Buddha-spotting. I will write about all these trips but please be patient as i probably won't get anything down until i get to Australia - i'm out all day long at the moment and when i get in its either lights out curfew time or i find someone really interesting to chat with. I must get my act together as the laundry situation is turning bad and i have found no time to edit my photos so i have literally hundreds already! I'll get some posted as soon as i find a place to get a CD made.

1 Comments:

At 3:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi sis hope u having a good time as u prob know the weather here is awful as usual lol. Just be careful they are alot of weirdos out there! Oh yeah and remember the most important day of the year sonn APRIL 9th (MY BIRTHDAY) Muhahahahah
Speak to u soon sis

Peter (BRO)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home