Sunday, June 04, 2006

I have left my heart behind in Nelson. I was so glad to go back, even if it was for a few days. I can't believe an expensive plane ticket counts as my best impulse buy! I spent an afternoon on a long horse trek (but i may have mentioned this already in another post, i forget) and the other 2 days I just went on an adrenaline detox and basically did nothing. Those were 2 days very well spent in good company crawling between coffee shops and soaking up the Nelson sunshine. It was a great time to be back at the hostel as there were loads of returnees so there was a really gorgeous reunion atmosphere to the place. Not your average hostel for sure.

I tore myself away from Nelson to spend less than a day in Auckland before leaving New Zealand. Everyone was right. Auckland is a dump. It is big, ugly, dirty and smelly. It is full of the most arrogant youth and has a haze of pollution hanging over it. I spent just a few hours downtown before deciding i had to get out of there, so i jumped on a ferry and headed out to Waiheke Island. It's beautiful - typical postcard scenery with nice beaches and ridiculously huge rich houses. The sand and palms definitely got me in the mood for Fiji. Which is where i am now.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home